From: Mark Gordon <mark.gt@×××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] subversion ebuild
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:44:32
1 On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:25:13 +0200
2 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Friday 25 April 2003 14:26, Jani Monoses wrote:
5 > > I'm replying to a digest mail so this won't be in the thread
6 > >
7 > > Paul have you thought of building svn without apache support?
8 > > The latest version 0.22 due to be out in a couple of days will have
9 > > a config option for building without DAV and only with local and
10 > > ra_svn access.This would make it a lot simpler for people who only
11 > > want to manage their local repos or are fine with ra_svn and don't
12 > > want the overhead of apache configuration and the dependency on
13 > > neon. Maybe a new USE flag (apache) would be needed too?
14 > > This way it could be stable independent of apache.
15 > > A lot of people use svn with only ra_svn or local and are content
16 > > with it that way.
17 > > I am using it with bdb 4.0.14 already in portage so I second that
18 > > there's no need to build that too.
19 > > BTW APR is in portage (although only 0.9.2 and not 0.9.3 which is
20 > > needed by svn)
21 > > Anyway it's great that there's some activity with the svn
22 > > ebuild since it was over a year old now.
25 > I'm happy to hear that it builds.
26
27 It's now built on both of my ~x86 boxes. I'll try to do some playing
28 with it over the weekend.
29
30 > I will look into using the apache2 use flag,
31
32 That would be useful. My stable box does not have Apache 2, so I will
33 test this configuration once you've done it.
34
35 > and I will look at the status of db4.0.14 which at the
36 > moment is still masked.
37
38 My initial vote would be to unmask db 4. Having it installed on my
39 machines has not broken anything and it is slotted. I've just installed
40 it on my Stable box as well without problem.
41 --
42 Mark Gordon
43 Paid to be a Geek & a Senior Software Developer
44 Currently looking for a new job commutable from Slough, Berks, U.K.
45 Although my email address says spamtrap, it is real and I read it.
48 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list