From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Python problem
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:17:09
1 El mié, 29-06-2011 a las 09:18 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel escribió:
2 > Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011, 06:34:52 schrieb Michał Górny:
3 > >
4 > > > As I said it already, we could start doing things simpler in the
5 > > > current python.eclass and maybe that would attract some devs to help
6 > > > out with it, as they find it more comfortable to work with.
7 > >
8 > > I think it would be better to simply start from scratch with
9 > > a clean python-2.eclass. Instead of adding new features and another lot
10 > > of conditionals for EAPI=4, just make that code a part of new eclass.
13 > Ack. The cleanest way would definitely be to start from scratch, and provide a
14 > looooong transition period. Please please make things similar compared to the
15 > other language eclasses, though...
18 Arfrever added support for eapi4 in python-overlay, maybe trying to move
19 it to the tree would be faster :-/