From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stability of /sys api
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 20:31:00
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 02:32:57AM -0400, Olivier Cr?te wrote
> On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 01:05 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote: > > I *DON'T WANT* "a serious framework", I want a lightweight device > > manager... period... end of story. Stick with the unix principle of one > > app doing one thing well. mdev is enough for the vast majority of people. > > For the people who don't want to easily use USB sticks or digital > cameras or gsm dongles or really any modern hardware, I'm sure mdev is > fine. A static /dev is even fine for you probably.
Huh!?!?!? USB sticks work just fine, thank you, with mdev. I also regularly backup my mdev-based machine via rsync to an external drive via USB. And yes my camera does show up as a USB mass storage device. Ditto for my HTC Desire. -- Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>