From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Announcement: New(ish) eclass pax-utils.eclass
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:18:03
1 Hi peeps.
2
3 I added an eclass (a utility class, rather than a "real" eclass) to
4 abstract PaX flag management from ebuilds into a central place where we
5 (hardened project) can maintain the use of the tools which manipulate
6 the PaX flags. These tools are still evolving, and we need to continue
7 to support them as they do so. Abstracting their use into a simple
8 interface allows us to do so without having to hack around in ebuilds
9 all around the place.
10
11 Although I committed it originally almost a year ago, it hasn't been
12 used yet, so if there's anything fundamentally wrong with whole thing,
13 now is the time say as it can be removed with impunity.
14
15 I did consider adding the functions to eutils.eclass, but I prefer to
16 have it separate.
19 Kevin F. Quinn