From: Hendrik Boom <hendrik@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: 2.6.19 going stable in 1 week
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:08:55
1 On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 15:52:54 -0500, Daniel Drake wrote:
2
3 > Rémi Cardona wrote:
4 >> About that bug, has anyone filed anything for it in Gentoo or is it the
5 >> kind of bug that creeps up anywhere and can look like something else is
6 >> responsible for it?
9 > Now that the problem is understood, it can be reproduced trivially on
10 > any kernel and can easily result in filesystem corruption.
11 >
12 > Daniel
13 I've hit this bug in Debian, where they backported it from 2.6.19 to
14 2.6.18. It doesn't seem to hit everyone, but it can be a real disaster if
15 it hits you. Debian etch won't even install on one of my
16 machines because of severe file-system corruption during installation!
17
18 I would strongly advise against considering 2.6.19 stable
19 until this bug has been fixed.
20
21 -- hendrik
22
23 P.S. Actually Debian backported some useful code from 2.6.19 that
24 happened to activate the bug.
25
26 -- hendrik
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list