From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] python.eclass EAPI 4 support, this gets really annoying
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 00:38:58
1 On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
2 <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 > On 10/14/11 3:32 PM, Thomas Sachau wrote:
4 >> What do you expect the council to do?
5 >
6 > Say it's OK to make python.eclass not die on EAPI-4. At least my use
7 > case will not become broken by this.
8 >
9 >> Neither you nor the council can force anyone to do anything.
10 >
11 > Not really. It should always be possible to escalate painful issues like
12 > this.
13
14 I believe op's point is that there is no one to escalate the problem
15 to; certainly the council members are not going to do the work
16 themselves and we already have our best people on it.
17
18 -A
21 >> The only thing you can do is to kindly ask about remaining issues and helping with solving them. And
22 >> i am sure, that everyone would like to see some help to understand and improve the python eclass. :-)
23 >
24 > Maybe we should start over. Seriously, I'm considering proposing some
25 > lightweight eclass for python-dependent packages that *works*