From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] User defined license groups
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 10:06:53
1 On 02/01/2011 01:35 AM, Zeerak Mustafa Waseem wrote:
2 > Hey guys,
3 >
4 > I ran with ACCEPT_LICENSE="*" for a while and a few days ago I decided to look into the licenses the programs I'm using need and read up on them, then add them manually.
5 > I then remembered the license groups and proceeded to specify my own license group in /usr/portage/profiles/license_groups, first emerge -uDN @world worked great, all downgrades from license masking were dropped. But then I sync'ed my tree, and now my own group is gone.
6 >
7 > So I was wondering if there is another place to specify license groups? If not, would I go to the bugzilla and file a bug for a feature request or is there another way to go about it?
8
9 It's possible to add license groups via an overlay, which means that you
10 can set PORTDIR_OVERLAY="${MY_OVERLAY}" in /etc/make.conf, and then
11 define your license groups in ${MY_OVERLAY}/profiles/license_groups.
12
13 You can go ahead and file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org if you'd like to have
14 support added for /etc/portage/license_groups.
15 --
16 Thanks,
17 Zac