From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for April 23
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:52:08
1 Mind you my opinion...
2
3 On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:32:42PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:27:30 -0700
5 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
6 > > EAPI 4: Inclusion of prefix-related variables
7
8 While I'm a fan of prefix, a stronger case for existing
9 implementation (including more exposition of it) should be made for
10 this rather then planning for discussion of it for eapi4.
11
12 > > EAPI 4: Inclusion of "mtime preservation"
13
14 This belongs in eapi3. Arguement that it should be shelved because
15 "we don't want to slow down eapi3" ignores the simplicity of it, the
16 gains/costs being nailed down for it, and the fact every manager has
17 to do work for eapi3- this is quite simple, hiding behind "eapi3 is
18 locked down" is just dodging the needed specification due to lacking
19 strong technical arguements to kill it.
22 ~harring