From: Stuart Bouyer <stubear@g.o>
To: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>
Cc: Thomas Beaudry <tmbeaudry@×××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CJK testing
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:20:20
1 On 月, 2002-07-29 at 08:49, Marko Mikulicic wrote:
2
3 <snip>
4 > 1) Combinations of global use flags activate a ebuild-local use flag.
5 > 2) ebuild-local use flags have effect only on a given ebuild
6 >
7 > for example:
8 >
9 > global use flag: "unicode" -> local flag: "postgresql/multibyte"
10 > global use flag: "cjk" -> local flag: "postgresql/multibyte"
11 >
12 > pseudo code in ebuild: if use unicode or use then multibyte
13 >
14 > "local" (a better name...) use flags are like use flags but prefixed
15 > with the ebuild name path.
18 This will hopefully be possible in a later version of portage, but alas
19 not at present.
20
21 Rather than add a new flag at present, I've gone with nls (for native
22 language support). This seemed the simplest answer as most users using
23 non-english apps will probably have this on anyway.
24
25 I've made the change, but haven't unmasked yet to give people a chance
26 to check whether this breaks anything.
27
28 cheers
29
30 Stuart