From: Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 52 - GLEP 23 revisited
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:40:50
1 Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > I would like you to share your comments on the attached GLEP with me.
3
4 I like the idea with one exception:
5
6 > Licenses that need to be explicitly accepted before installation of a package
7 > (and only these) should be package.masked by default with a header like
8 > the following:
9 >
10 > ::
11 >
12 > # Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o (20 Sep 2006)
13 > # This license needs to be agreed on explicitly to be considered
14 > # legally binding.
15 > # By unmasking and installing the package you agree with its terms.
16 > txt-licenses/wierd-license
17
18 Why not make the ebuild ask for confirmation? Would work with versioned licenses
19 (for example: txt-licenses/wierd-license-2.1 and
20 txt-licenses/wierd-license-2.999 - both would require ACK). Breaks portage in a
21 way it's interactive, but it's already happening in few ebuilds
22 (eutils.eclass::check_license()).
25 Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xBC555551
26 desktop-misc, x86, java, apache, ppc...