From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Let's redesign the entire filesystem! [was newsitem: unmasking udev-181]
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 06:34:52
Kent Fredric posted on Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:10:53 +1300 as excerpted:

> On 15 March 2012 07:48, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote: >> It does, especially when it's literally the case, including a /usr/etc >> bind-mounted on a tmpfs-based rootfs, that by login time, all that's >> visible of rootfs is mountpoints, nothing else, and /usr literally IS >> the "unified system resource" filesystem. > > Considering this pretty much eliminates using / for anything useful, > we might as well rename "/usr" "/c" > > Even if it /is/ just to confuse the windows crowd =)
LOL! I've been off of MS over a decade now, and simply don't think of them that much any more. I had no clue what you were referencing... until I read that last line. You rather confused me! =:^) -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman