From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Patch: Linguas USE support for cmake-utils.eclass
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 17:40:06
1 Hi,
2
3 A number of package using cmake and qmake currently do something like this:
4
5 LANGS="en de fr"
6 for x in ${LANGS}; do
7 IUSE="${IUSE} linguas_${x}"
8 done
9
10 This is ugly, so for some time the loop has been included in qt4-r2, and
11 I'd also like to add it to cmake-utils.
12
13 As far as I can see, this change will have no visible effect on ebuilds
14 that already manually include the loop, and will cause only one package
15 to get linguas_* flags that it doesn't already have (which I'll fix).
16
17 Thoughts?
18
19 --- cmake-utils.eclass
20 +++ cmake-utils.eclass
21 @@ -20,0 +21,29 @@
22 +# @ECLASS-VARIABLE: LANGS
23 +# @DEFAULT_UNSET
25 +# In case your application provides various translations, use this
26 variable to specify
27 +# them in order to populate "linguas_*" IUSE automatically. Make sure
28 that you set this
29 +# variable before inheriting cmake-utils eclass.
30 +# Example:
31 +# @CODE
32 +# LANGS="en el de"
33 +# @CODE
34 +for x in ${LANGS}; do
35 + IUSE+=" linguas_${x}"
36 +done
37 +
38 +# @ECLASS-VARIABLE: LANGSLONG
39 +# @DEFAULT_UNSET
41 +# Same as above, but this variable is for LINGUAS that must be in long
42 format.
43 +# Remember to set this variable before inheriting cmake-utils eclass.
44 +# Look at ${PORTDIR}/profiles/desc/linguas.desc for details.
45 +# Example:
46 +# @CODE
47 +# LANGS="de_DE hu_HU"
48 +# @CODE