From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing policy about -Werror
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 00:10:11
1 On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 7:32 PM Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
2 <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > Alon Bar-Lev schrieb:
5 > > We
6 > > are unique as permutations and architectures that are used by Gentoo
7 > > users are so diverse that we find issues that nobody else finds.
8 >
9 > This needs to be highlighted more, as it is why suggestions that the
10 > maintainer can simply put -Werror back on their own system are insufficient.
13 Wouldn't running into new runtime issues be exactly the sort of reason
14 why we'd want to build with -Werror on packages where these issues are
15 unacceptable?
18 Rich