From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Preparing profiles for EAPI 3 IUSE strictness
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 08:46:56
On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Andrew D Kirch<trelane@×××××××.net> wrote:
> Ciaran, > > I've talked with the pkgcore people and they don't use the EAPI's (or > PMS) in the first place. This essentially leaves you writing documents > you're requiring for paludis support. As this seems to be mostly a PM > issue, it should be taken elsewhere. To that end, here is a > gentoo-portage-dev mailing list that is more appropriate for minor > process issues such as those brought up below. > I think that ending this discussion here and moving it over to a forum > more appropriate to package manager development would reduce the > temperature around your proposals and get them implemented (as Zac seems > willing to do so). While I realize this is a general purpose mailing > list, it is general purpose, and there is a mailing list specifically > for portage development.
I think you are slightly misreading his intent (or I am misreading it). I believe Ciaran is talking about "what gentoo should put in make.defaults such that the user experience doesn't totally suck for this new EAPI3 thing" and provided some ideas. I'm pretty sure whether or not PM foo has implemented these things is a moot point as far as this thread is concerned. -A