From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About udev-145: new features / extras and kernel requirements
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:24:14
1 Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
2 > Up to now I have just added use-flag "extras" to control these. But I suppose
3 > that udev-acl and maybe gudev is a hard requirement for newer hal or
4 > devicekit versions. And upstream thinks these should be enabled by default.
5
6 I've been playing with Fedora lately and they split it in 3: udev,
7 libudev, libgudev.
8
9 You will find that some apps will start requiring libgudev
10 unconditionally. For example, the upcoming NetworkManager 0.8.
11
12 Daniel