From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Fw: "Please let's talk if spamming everyone pointlessly is really needed."
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 11:14:38
1 Behold the magic of emergency announcements.
2
3 Begin forwarded message:
4
5 Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 12:56:03 +0200
6 From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
7 To: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
8 Cc: bugzilla@g.o, comrel@g.o
9 Subject: Re: "Please let's talk if spamming everyone pointlessly is
10 really needed."
13 Am Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2018, 22:39:22 CEST schrieb Andreas K. Huettel:
14 > Am Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2018, 20:51:30 CEST schrieb Jeroen Roovers:
15 > > What's going on here?
16 > >
17 > > "Please let's talk if spamming everyone pointlessly is really
18 > > needed." ^^^^^^^^^^^
19 > >
20 > > If your mind is made up about the point of mass
21 > > changes, then why bother enquiring about it? I would think infra@
22 > > takes such actions to protect the services, not to argue about the
23 > > merits of changes.
24 >
25 > This wasn't infra, this was me. Following a complaint on #g-comrel, I
26 > checked the bug backlog and saw that you changed (likely much) more
27 > than 50 bugs in a very short time. On a quick glance the changes were
28 > against longstanding policy.
31 After team-internal discussion I've reactivated your account.
32
33 Please,
34
35 * involve the community on the mailing lists regarding similar policy
36 changes,
37 * at least try coordinate with Infra whether mass mails in such cases
38 could be suppressed somehow,
39 * and try to act in a way that the rest of us somewhat understands.
40
41 The ban can be reinstated if the majority of comrel thinks it's
42 necessary.
45 Andreas K. Hüttel
46 dilfridge@g.o
47 Gentoo Linux developer
48 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)