From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tinderboxing efforts in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 14:25:26
1 On Saturday, December 3, 2016 9:14:32 AM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 9:08 AM, William L. Thomson Jr.
3 >
4 > <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Friday, December 2, 2016 2:10:27 PM EST Michał Górny wrote:
6 > >> Hi, everyone.
7 > >>
8 > >> I've heard multiple times about various tinderbox projects being
9 > >> started by individuals in Gentoo. In fact, so many different projects
10 > >> that I've forgotten who was working on most of them.
11 > >
12 > > Did any of the tinderboxes test all the various USE flag combinations or
13 > > just the defaults?
14 >
15 > This is generally considered infeasible:
16
17 I would not think such, just need a wrapper to run around each package that
18 would get its USE flags and re-emerge it a few times. I had a crude one for
19 alsa-lib long ago. But it just added flags, it did not test various combos.
20
21 Anyway if any future tinderboxing efforts could take into USE flag combos into
22 the testing, that would be AWESOME!
23
24 I would be interested in participating in such. May play with making a basic
25 wrapper to test use flag combos.
28 William L. Thomson Jr.