From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: phajdan.jr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Six month major project on Gentoo
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 17:45:00
1 On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 18:13:42 +0100
2 ""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 12/18/11 6:02 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
5 > > There are parallel computing aspects in libbash for metadata
6 > > generation, data structures in AST building for bash and it's quite
7 > > low level.
8 >
9 > By the way, I've always wondered why libbash is separate from the
10 > "upstream" bash.
11 >
12 > Have you considered contributing to the upstream bash to convert the
13 > shell itself to a more library-oriented design (somewhat similar to
14 > LLVM), so that you have a guarantee that the lib and the shell stay
15 > in sync?
16
17 I don't think upstream bash would be interested in converting bash into
18 C++. I wouldn't be interested in running such a bash, for instance.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny