From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecate EAPIs 1 and 2?
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 21:12:09
1 On 01/02/2011 11:04 PM, Joshua Saddler wrote:
2 >
3 > Whatever you folks eventually settle on, please send patches and
4 > suggestions to the GDP for our upgrade guide. I'd prefer that users
5 > have a possible upgrade path from *any* profile/version of Gentoo up
6 > through the present. If you decide not to support anything older than
7 > version X and require reinstalling or some other set of procedures,
8 > please let the GDP know via our ML or bugzilla.
11 The current hard requirement is one year:
12 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20091109-summary.txt
13
14 The follow up discussion probably didn't end up in any concrete
15 decisions. If we want to actually make sure upgrades from old installs
16 (>1 year) work then we should setup some kind of a bot doing upgrades.
17 It would then provide the documentation for the upgrade path and make
18 sure it keeps working.
19
20 Regards,
21 Petteri