From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Python Probs
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:12:11
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 05:35:19PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:

> Do we get a problem if we change spython to resist in /usr and then merge > over libs from dev-lang/python?
Yes, that would be possible, but I'd need to do a lot of file comparisons to eliminate duplicate files in dev-lang/python.
> If not we can drop sys-devel/python and if someone needs python he can use > dev-lang/python with or without tcl-tk/X support (use tcl-tk).
Well, I'd like to have a decent implementation of python in the base distribution. Personally, I like the "rebuild sys-devel/python if you need X support" solution. If you like, I can build the python.tbz2 over here on the server, where I don't have X or tcl/tk. -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org Gentoo Technologies, Inc.