From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:02:21
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:55:42 +0300
Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
> Oh come on. I never said to stop supporting those arches. I just said > to shrink their stable tree. What do you suggest? Pretend to have > active exotic arches just to look shiny and pretty?
Claiming to support an exotic arch but forcing people to run ~arch on it is not supporting it at all. One of the problems with exotic archs is that they are much more likely to show up bugs than things that are commonly used, and so knowing that something has been properly tested is a lot more important there. -- Ciaran McCreesh