From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:02:21
1 On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:55:42 +0300
2 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3 > Oh come on. I never said to stop supporting those arches. I just said
4 > to shrink their stable tree. What do you suggest? Pretend to have
5 > active exotic arches just to look shiny and pretty?
6
7 Claiming to support an exotic arch but forcing people to run ~arch on
8 it is not supporting it at all. One of the problems with exotic archs
9 is that they are much more likely to show up bugs than things that are
10 commonly used, and so knowing that something has been properly tested
11 is a lot more important there.
14 Ciaran McCreesh