From: Ken Nowack <drake_stuff@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Weird system time issue
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:49:23
1 --- Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl> wrote:
2 > On Thursday 18 July 2002 20:42, you wrote:
3 > > Thanks.
4 > >
5 > > Trying this as a possibility. I also downloaded
6 > the
7 > > vanilla sources but haven't had time to recompile
8 > the
9 > > kernel yet. A couple details to add to the mix: 1)
10 > > sitting at a console my hwclock seems to gain
11 > about
12 > > 2.5 minutes an hour 2) when i start gdm the time
13 > > instantly goes backward by about 2.5 hours (I'll
14 > do
15 > > more tests and send the exact amount if I can find
16 > it)
19 > > So based upon that it seems that some x component
20 > is
21 > > having issues as well as the hwclock running fast.
22 > > Getting closer but not there yet, ugh.
25 > Hi Ken,
26 >
27 > gdm is not supposed to change anything to your time
28 > at all. What happens when
29 > you use xdm or kdm. But first, is your
30 > /etc/localtime set right, and could
31 > you send the output of a set command
32 >
33 > Paul
34 >
35 > --
36 > Paul de Vrieze
37 > Junior Researcher
38 > Mail: pauldv@××××××.nl
39 > Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net
44 Do You Yahoo!?
45 Yahoo! Autos - Get free new car price quotes
46 http://autos.yahoo.com