From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] python-exec2 C wrapper is looking for a new name!
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:51:32
1 Hello, everyone.
2
3 After all those boring, meaningless and violent mailing list threads,
4 here's something nice and simple. I'd like to find a new nice name for
5 the C wrapper part of python-exec2, and I would like to ask you for
6 ideas.
7
8 For some explanation, python-exec2 consists of two wrappers. One of
9 them is the 'core' C wrapper that does most of the work. The other is
10 a Python script with special shebang that is used to keep
11 'python /usr/bin/foo' working while deferring direct executions to
12 the C wrapper.
13
14 The Python wrapper is installed as /usr/lib/python-exec/python-exec2
15 and this can't change since everything is symlinked to it. The C
16 wrapper is named python-exec2-c (which is an ugly name), and since it's
17 used only internally, I can safely change its name to something nicer.
18
19 Any ideas? If possible, I'd like to avoid ambiguity between the two
20 wrappers, so the C counterpart would have to be highlighted somehow.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny
25 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>