From: Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] EAPI 2 Draft
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 20:01:43
1 Alec Warner schrieb:
2 > I think the question isn't 'why is this functionality being made
3 > available'; I think to me it is useful piece of code.
4 >
5 > I question its inclusion in the PM though; I would rather see it in
6 > eutils or something similar.
7 >
8 > Arguably you could inherit a function from eutils that does SRC_URI
9 > transformation for you.
10 >
11 > SRC_URI="foo bar baz;sf=tbz2"
12 > src_uri_gitize
13 >
14 > would transform "baz;sf=tbz2" into "baz;sf=tbz2 -> baz.tar.bz2"
15
16 Same applies to files that are fetched from trac so I also would
17 question hard-coding a single use case into PM...
18
19 Greetz
20 -Jokey