From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: Gentoo Seeds
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:43:06
1 On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:53:39 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:42:13 -0400 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > | As Donnie said; if this is the thanks one gets for trying out a new
7 > | idea; then why try at all.
8 >
9 > The complaints are not that Stuart tried a new idea. Stop trying to
10 > spin things that way. The complaints are that he allegedly did it
11 > without consultation, and that he sprang this unexpectedly.
12 >
13 > --
14 > Ciaran McCreesh
15 > Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
20 I am replying here at no particular point in the thread because its
21 hard to find the right spot to interject.
22
23 I am a lurker on this list, I joined it a few years ago because I was
24 interested in the development process for gentoo, and because I like to
25 early adopt and be aware of impending changes.
26
27 I am a long time user of gentoo, a strong gentoo advocate, almost to
28 the point of zealotry. I have introduced many people to gentoo, and
29 have given talks to my local LUG, run gentoo installfests and
30 contributed to the -users list, the forums and the bugzilla.
31
32 However the behaviour displayed in this list, and in particular this
33 thread are downright embarassing. I used to be proud of being a gentoo
34 user and following a group of dedicated and clever developers. Now I
35 just want to find a quick and easy way to get rid of it. You have had
36 your antics displayed to the world via a thrashing on slashdot, and
37 most of you thoroughly deserve the public outing.
38
39 Its time you people had a good look at yourselves. Start behaving like
40 adults, not children fighting over the toys in the sandpit. You make it
41 hard to promote gentoo when you are arguing over the wording of people
42 announcing a new project.
43
44 Nick.
47 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list