From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: ML changes
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:26:08
1 On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:11:19 Duncan wrote:
2 > Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> posted f76iu0$j6u$1@×××××××××.org,
3 >
4 > excerpted below, on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:01:53 -0600:
5 > > Why don't we create the gentoo-project mailing
6 > > list, and, you know, actually wait a bit to see how that actually goes.
7 > > Then we can talk about how best to handle -dev. One shit at a time,
8 > > people.
9 >
10 > +1
11 >
12 > It should also be noted that it's council election time, and I don't
13 > believe a change such as closing -dev to moderated write status is really
14 > urgent enough to have the outgoing council handle. Let the folks running
15 > for council now make their positions part of their platforms, and after -
16 > project is up and running for a couple months and the new council is in
17 > place, /then/ let's see if moderating -dev remains a burning enough issue
18 > to be voted on.
19
20 I agree with you that this should be pulled over the election. That will also
21 allow some time to see how the -project list works out.
22
23 Paul
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list