From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Ability to pass arguments to src_configure/src_compile
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 22:03:45
1 Ben de Groot wrote:
2
3 > It may be 2 lines less, but it is 42 characters more.
4 > Plus, I dislike caps. :-p
5
6 Well the original patch used DEFAULT_CONFIG_ENABLE and DEFAULT_CONFIG_WITH
7 and didn't invoke any subshells. I'm not sure what the thinking behind
8 changing it was, unless it was a straight lift from paludis.
9
10 As for caps, that's kinda standard within ebuild-land if something crosses
11 functional boundaries, but I agree they're ugly ;) (In Bash, I'd only use
12 them for constants or env vars.)