From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving our/portage stuff to var
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:42:49
1 On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:44:36 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > >>>>> On Thu, 20 Dec 2012, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > >> We should go with a shorter (easier to remember, easier to type)
5 > >> path and move things at least one level up. Two would be even
6 > >> better.
7 >
8 > > You shouldn't ever be typing that path in...
9 >
10 > Ebuilds tell users to do so:
11 >
12 > pkg_nofetch() {
13 > einfo "Please download ${foo} and place it in ${DISTDIR}"
14 > }
17 I believe Unix has a facility for taking bits of text that are on the
18 screen and copying them without the need to type the whole thing in.
19 But in any case, DISTDIR shouldn't be under the repository dir at all.
22 Ciaran McCreesh