From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev and /usr
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 06:03:03
1 On Friday, September 16, 2011 12:27:19 AM Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:13:15 +0200
3 >
4 > Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > > I think systemd is nice for desktops/laptops. But on servers it seems
6 > > to be overkill to me and as I umount filesystems as part of my
7 > > backup-scripts, having something force-mount them in the background
8 > > is going to kill those scripts.
9 > > But this bit is off-topic.
10 >
11 > It's all about replacing 'umount' with 'systemctl stop'. But if you
12 > don't use automount, I don't think systemd will actually interfere.
13
14 That's something that needs to be looked into. I tell apache to switch to a
15 maintenance-page which is on a filesystem that doesn't get umounted. Then I
16 umount the websites for the backup.
17
18 The changes to the script would require more work. If openrc stays with a
19 classical init, then I will be happy.
20 Systemd is nice for desktops.
21
22 And systemctl will try to remount the filesystem when simply using umount:
23 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-
24 user/msg_0883f3103a3fa025cc2121117169a287.xml
27 Joost