From: "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] ebuild download sources are melting!
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 18:04:28
1 You can work around the download problem by downloading the source by
2 hand from somewhere (not the main location for the source is usually
3 listed in the ebuild file) and putting it into /usr/portage/distfiles
6 Sean
9 -----Original Message-----
10 From: Scott A. Friedman [mailto:friedman@××××.edu]
11 Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 14:49
12 To: gentoo-dev@g.o
13 Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild download sources are melting!
16 I do not suppose that this is news to anyone but sourceforge's mechanism
17 to make you download from a mirror is causing problems with .ebuilds
18 that reference files there.
19
20 Also, a question, does emerge and friends always try to download from
21 www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/distfiles first? If so, any corrupted files
22 stored there (like rep-gtk-0.15.tar.gz at the moment I write this) will
23 toast any emerge. It would be nice if emerge had a problem with the
24 download, gunzipping, or digest check it would try another source and
25 throw away the bad one. Along with some kinda warning at the end so it
26 can be reported as well.
27
28 Scott
32 gentoo-dev mailing list