From: tchiwam <tchiwam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] initialisation order in checkfs
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:51:40
1 Thomas Wöckinger wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > This is just a hint for changing the initialisation order in checkfs.
5 > Currently lvm will be initialized before sw-raid. So it is not
6 > possible to set up lvm on a raid device during the boot procedure,
7 > therefore i think it is a good idea to change the initialization order
8 > to evms -- raid -- lvm
9
10 In theory many permutations are possible, even if not reasonable. But I
11 have found that raid can automount with type fd on x86 partition type.
12 On most of the other arch passing md=0,/dev/hda1,/dev/hdb1 to the kernel
13 will autostart your raid. Once that is done lvm will be happy on your
14 raid partition.
15
16 I do like the idea of booting on some raid partitions with most
17 journaled FS it needs to be rw.
18
19 I am watching lvm as it might become one of the best overall solution
20 including raid in a same wrapper.
21
22 Phil
23 --