From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild, ip6tables headaches, kernel confusion, xinetd vs. tcpwrappers
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:41:18
1 Justin Vander Ziel wrote:
2
3 > Hello folks.
4 >
5 > Some more questions for the eventual Gentoo/linux dev-newbies if nothing
6 > else (and for myself, of course B)
7 >
8 > 1. I managed to revise the iptables-1.1.2.ebuild script to handle
9 > iptables-1.2 -- and it worked! That is, except for one small problem: I
10 > forgot to build a package list for ebuild and BTW, how do I do this?
11 >
12 > 2. the ebuild script chokes on versions such as in autofs-4.0.0-pre9.tar.bz2
13 > (with accompanying ebuild file) -- when I do
14 >
15 > # ebuild autofs-4.0.0-pre9.ebuild merge
16 >
17 > I get the message
18 >
19 > 4.0.0pre9 doesn't appear to be a version or rev string
20 > !!! packagename is not a valid packagename
21 > Exiting
22
23 autofs-4.0.0_pre9.ebuild should work. Maybe Daniel can document the naming
24 pattern
25 somewhere on the net.
29 > 3. iptables
30 > when I do
31 >
32 > # modprobe ip6table_filter
33 > # ip6tables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
34 >
35 > (this is from from Rusty Russel's Linux 2.4 NAT HOWTO from
36 > netfilter.kernelnotes.org) I get the error message
37 >
38 > iptables: v1.2: can't initialize iptables table 'nat': iptables who? (do
39 > you need to insmod?)
40 > Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded
41
42 I think that is just a kernel-configuration issue.
46 > (Yes, I upgraded to v1.2 (see number 1 above) thinking perhaps something was
47 > missed and then I did a portage-unmerge of the original sys-apps/iptables...
48 > but I get the exact same error message as I did with 1.1.2 ).
49 >
50 > 4. kernel confusion