From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] PROPERTIES=set for meta-packages that should behave like package sets
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:54:11
1 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> posted 48E0784A.2040505@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Sun, 28 Sep 2008 23:40:10 -0700:
3
4 > I'm not suggesting that the ebuild and the package set necessarily need
5 > to have the same name. What I'm suggesting is that we use a
6 > configuration file, distributed with the ebuild repository, to map set
7 > names to ebuilds. This mapping would make the set name independent from
8 > the ebuild name.
9
10 That should work... and it could be as simple as the ebuild name, plus
11 -set, so for example kde-meta and @kde-meta-set. If users mess /that/
12 up... is there any hope for them?
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman