From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 18:51:30
1 On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 13:15:32 +0000
2 "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On 04/12/17 00:37, Matt Turner wrote:
5 > > A user requested I forward this information to the mailing list:
6 > >
7 > > http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Publication%20Files/16-057_d45c0b4f-fa19-49de-8f1b-4b12fe054fea.pdf
8 > > https://goo.gl/42A8v7 (short URL of the same)
9 > >
10 > > ... and was itself cited a dozen or times:
11 > >
12 > > https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=5443947091657980238
13 > > https://goo.gl/obvdzh (short URL of the same)
14
15 Anyone paying any attention to current events? Quite many business and
16 governments have gone out of their way to protect and hide the actions
17 of abusers. In most causes because they were money makers. I think that
18 may contradict the article entirely.
19
20 Steve Jobbs was a toxic coworker. Most titans in tech would fall more
21 into toxic category. Ever hear of Balmer raging or Gates? Ellison?
22 Google any of their names or others with a hole and see what you get....
23
24 > I refer you also to a former Gentoo developer's talk on "A$$holes on
25 > your project" ... [1]
26 >
27 > [1] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZSli7QW4rg
28
29 Based on this graph have things gotten better since 08?
30 https://youtu.be/-ZSli7QW4rg?t=3m
31
32 Most every action since has hurt Gentoo big time. I left from 08 - 15.
33 I am not part of any of that. Why did it not recover with driving so
34 many out? That does way more harm than keeping people in....
35
36 A lesson many have yet to learn...
37
38 As Donnie said conflict is good...