From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Special testing request: sys-fs/device-mapper-1.02.22-r5 and sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.28-r2
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:31:23
1 I don't normally ask devs for extra testing, but one set of packages
2 hasn't been responsive to my other requests for testing (I do use it
3 myself, but I'd like more testing), and I'd like it to be ready before
4 the next release because of two past bugs that I don't want to exist in
5 the 2007.1 media.
6
7 Specifically, if you are a dmcrypt or lvm user, you should be paying
8 attention here!
9
10 You should upgrade to sys-fs/device-mapper-1.02.22-r5 and
11 sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.28-r2 (LVM users only, don't need it if you are just
12 using dmcrypt). You should also have at least udev-115-r1 (if you do run
13 into issues, I'd like you to test with newer revisions of udev
14 incrementally as well).
15
16 For both LVM and dmcrypt users, please check that your system boots
17 cleanly (both Baselayout1 and Baselayout2), and the actual location of
18 the device nodes for your devices. They should be devices in
19 /dev/mapper/*, and symlinks in /dev/dm-* (also /dev/$VG/$LV for LVM).
20 (Bug #190819).
21
22 For LVM users, please also check that you can create, read-only mount,
23 read, delete an LVM snapshot. (Bug #189404)
24
25 If you hit problems with sys-fs/device-mapper, please file a new bug that
26 blocks bug #195171.
27 If you hit problems with LVM, please file a bug blocking #195173.
28 In either case, please include your versions of kernel, lvm,
29 device-mapper and udev with your normal emerge --info output.
30
31 If you just want to report success, please comment on the above bugs, or
32 email me directly.
35 Robin Hugh Johnson
36 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
37 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
38 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85