From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:14:07
1 On 19:03 Thu 12 Jun , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:14:21 -0400
3 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4 > > On Thursday 12 June 2008, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
5 > > > On 04:11 Wed 11 Jun , Brian Harring wrote:
6 > > > > Reiterating the early request, I'd like the council to please
7 > > > > discuss the current status of PMS,
8 > > >
9 > > > People actually working on the PMS would be better-placed to
10 > > > discuss its current status, if by that you mean progress toward an
11 > > > approved spec. The last I heard was a couple months ago when Ciaran
12 > > > asked us whether there were any further major issues and removed
13 > > > kdebuild-1 from the PDF to be approved.
14 > >
15 > > he was told to remove kdebuild-1 from the repo and this has yet to
16 > > happen
17 >
18 > No, I was told to remove kdebuild-1 from the version sent to the
19 > Council for approval. Doing so is just a case of toggling a switch in
20 > PMS.
21 >
22 > Also, until they were all mysteriously fired, Gentoo's KDE people were
23 > planning to ask the Council for official approval of kdebuild-1 so that
24 > it could remain in PMS. So that's still up in the air too.
25
26 All? Only one person I know of, Philantrop. Were rbrown or spb
27 committing much to KDE stuff?
28
29 > > > I'd like to know what's holding you back from contributing to it,
30 > > > instead of telling us that someone else is doing things you don't
31 > > > like. Is there some kind of technical barrier (like the TeX)? Or
32 > > > what? Are you filing bugs against the parts you don't like? What's
33 > > > happening to them?
34 > >
35 > > TeX isnt a format that integrates with Gentoo. should just convert
36 > > it to docbook and be done with this garbage.
37 >
38 > And docbook does integrate with Gentoo? Please point me to other Gentoo
39 > documentation that uses docbook.
40
41 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/portage/main/trunk/doc/
42 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-projects/pax-utils/man/
43
44 > Also, I've yet to be told how to get automatic, verified,
45 > zero-work-upon-relocation cross-document links using either docbook or
46 > guidexml. Perhaps you'd care to explain.
47
48 You've mentioned this as a requirement. Is it something that happens so
49 often that it's a significant burden if it isn't available?
50
51 Thanks,
52 Donnie
53 --