From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No SCSI device
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:19:20
Gabriel Emerson wrote:

> I am enthusiastic about Gentoo... in theory :) > > Second try, this time on my primary system; a Pentium III/500 with an > adaptec 2940 based > scsi adapter. I log in as root, to run Fdisk, and find the only scsi > devices are the > scd?. No sd?. Is this a symptom of a devfs issue? Though the boot > sequence whipped > by pretty quickly I did see it detect my controller and all 4 drives (2 > IBM DDRS-39130, a > yamaha 6/4/16 cd-writer, and a generic scsi cd). >
Hmm, what release do you use, it seems like w need to add sd[a-][0-] devices. You can use mknod to create the missing ones manually. You should copy the kernel from the bootdisk (/dev/ram0) to your systems /boot/boot/bzImage (backup the old one) because scsi-support is only availabe in modules and we have no initrd that preloads modules. Bye Achim