From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Making user patches globally available
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:58:07
1 On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:01:15 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > >>>>> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Zac Medico wrote:
5 >
6 > > Since we've managed to survive up to this point without such a
7 > > feature, I think it's worth the wait roll it into EAPI 5 and have a
8 > > clean solution that doesn't rely on package manager interaction with
9 > > eclasses. If we quickly draft an EAPI 5 spec, there's still have
10 > > time to have it approved at the next council meeting.
11 >
12 > Did I get it right, you are thinking about a special EAPI only for
13 > user patches? I'd say that the feature is not important enough to
14 > justify that.
15
16 +1. Either we use EAPIs with some thinking or just drop that concept
17 and move on to something else.
18
19 There is a number of features waiting for new EAPI, and noone yet even
20 considered them. But when it comes to marginal feature which many of
21 devs don't even accept, it's enough to quickly release a new EAPI which
22 most of the tree won't support.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny