From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About what would be included in EAPI5
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:21:44
1 On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:14:38 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:12:25 +0200
5 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 > > On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:02:42 +0100
7 > > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
8 > > > Please don't. User patches were discussed on this list, and
9 > > > there's already wording written. We don't need a bug to track it.
10 > >
11 > > So you want requests here or do I have do look back to find that
12 > > thread?
13 >
14 > I believe we consider the user patches feature to be finalised, so if
15 > you want something else, it should be treated as a new feature rather
16 > than a change. But please don't rehash anything that's already been
17 > covered.
18
19 I simply don't get why the spec obligates package managers to support
20 user patches while it doesn't provide any explanation how the patches
21 should be applied nor any function to actually apply patches...
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny