From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Future EAPI version operator changes
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 07:21:27
1 On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 11/08/2016 10:47 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Strictly speaking, we don't have to since the lexing should be
5 >> predictable enough. Of course, mistakes like missing version following
6 >> the operator would result in curious errors.
7 >>
8 >> The major problem with spaces I see is that it means we end up having
9 >> an additional [use] block floating following them.
12 > I was also thinking that the logical operators could be infix, and then
13 > you need the commas to avoid precedence issues with the implicit-and,
14 > which is written " ".
15
16 Commas and spaces can be made optional if we allow the following
17 tokens to be the delimiter itself. Grouping and use of white space
18 can be optionally used in cases where operators would collide, most
19 especially after :=.
20
21 A valid package name entry also signals end of the rules for the previous entry.
22
23 Also, precedence issues and confusions can be avoid by relying on more
24 explicit grouping like () and {}, instead of &&, ||, & and |.
25
26 > The [use] blocks could be moved next to the
27 > package name I guess.
28
29 It can actually be allowed to be placed anywhere if we don't use []
30 for condition grouping, and just use it for the use block.
33 konsolebox