From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Why no updates on delay of 2008.0 release
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:52:13
Hi,

Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>:

> I thought we had learnt something about not communicating with our > userbase, but it looks like this lesson has already been forgotten. > While I appreciate there probably are valid reasons for the delay of > the beta and the release of 2008.0, I don't think there is any excuse > not to update the published release schedule, nor for the utter lack > of communication about this issue with our users. A short message on > the frontpage of www.gentoo.org with a new (even if tentative) ETA, > and some kind of explanation for the delay would certainly be much > appreciated.
Yes please, people are asking a lot on the forums, so a news item would be nice. I contributed a rough draft but I have not enough insight into the reasoning to make it something proper...a "2008.0 will be delayed but we are still working on it" would be sufficient in my eyes. V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>