From: Demitrious Kelly <apokalyptik@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 2 Suggestions
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:12:37
1 1) It might prove helpful to have an example /boot/menu.lst pre-existent
2 for reference during the installation (and because typo's kill :D)
3
4 2) Having the output of an emerge saved in a /usr/bin/script like file
5 saved, and easily recallable might be helpful to people. E.g:
6
7 'emerge vpopmail' will emerge quite a few programs to satisfy
8 dependencies... mysql and qmail (in particular) both have instructions
9 to follow after the merge has been completed... but those might go by
10 unheeded because the next compile takes off and leaves the notices far
11 behind. This way you would be able to easily 'emerge --script qmail'
12 and look at a log of qmail's build, instructions and all...
13
14 Just a couple of thoughts... I love the Gentoo distribution -- I'm a
15 true believer! Keep up the good work!!!