From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: newsitem: unmasking udev-181
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 21:28:56
1 On 11.3.2012 17.33, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 03/11/2012 04:03 AM, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> The Display-If-Installed atom shows the news item to stable users once
4 >> it's committed. I am not sure at what point does Portage show it when
5 >> the atom is >= so we might want to evaluate the options.
6 >
7 > It's displayed after the package is installed, before emerge exits, just
8 > after the message about config file updates.
9
10 Based on this I think >= is better than < so people will get when they
11 actually update.
12
13 Regards,
14 Petteri