From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Stabilisation exceptions
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 02:14:30
1 On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:30:12 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:19:51 -0600
5 > Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
6 > > Probably OT, sorry. Isn't it time we gained this concept of "noarch"
7 > > for packages that only install text files or packages that don't
8 > > compile anything...
9 >
10 > No, since there's no such thing as an app that's guaranteed to be
11 > portable.
12
13 Good thing he said package then, not app. :P Text, pdf, html, image, or
14 icon-only installing packages having no dependencies don't really need
15 arch-specific keywords. I'd rather we just ignore keywording policies for
16 these packages rather than introduce a new keyword though.
20 fonts, gcc-porting, it makes no sense how it makes no sense
21 toolchain, wxwidgets but i'll take it free anytime
22 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662