From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] EAPI 2 Draft
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:21:01
1 On Friday 05 September 2008, Mike Auty wrote:
2 > From what I understand of the idea, the eclass will just change the
3 > SRC_URI field from the first case (sf=tgz) to the second case (->).
4 > Eclasses have to be sourced before the SRC_URI is determined because
5 > they can already add (and presumably alter) elements of the SRC_URI
6 > variable. So I'm not sure how this would directly affect mirroring
7 > or manifests any more than simply using the -> notation? Could you
8 > explain what you mean when you say it won't allow for mirroring?
9
10 I was under the impression ferdy meant to use live checkouts instead of
11 tarballs. I might have misunderstood that.
14 > Generating different tarballs is much more of an issue, and would
15 > impact on manifests too. I guess it's a try-it-and-see situation...
16
17 I think it would be a better idea to check whether this feature actually
18 works before implementing. I just don't know a gitweb site that tars up
19 revisions / tags to test.
22 Robert