From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tinderboxing efforts in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 14:48:14
1 On Saturday, December 3, 2016 9:33:00 AM EST Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 12/03/2016 09:25 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 > >> This is generally considered infeasible:
4 > > I would not think such, just need a wrapper to run around each package
5 > > that
6 > > would get its USE flags and re-emerge it a few times.
7 >
8 > If a package has 10 USE flags, and if each can be set on/off with no
9 > constraints, then that gives you 2^10 different ways to emerge it.
10
11 May make the requirements of the host system larger or take more time. I am
12 sure processing power could handle that load.
13
14 Would be nice if someone like Google would sponsor such efforts. They have
15 enough hardware and cloud services to make such feasible.
18 William L. Thomson Jr.