From: Auke Booij <auke@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:15:46
1 On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > What? I am talking about exotic arches and I didn't say to drop to
3 > entire stable tree. Just to shrink it in order to keep it up to date
4 > more easily
5 But my question stands: what really is the advantage of having a
6 stable tree, when you could better invest your time in keeping the
7 testing tree up to date and working? Most production systems are
8 running x86, right? Are stable versions of minority architecture
9 installations really that much more stable than testing versions?
10
11 PS: this is by no means a rhetorical question.
12 PPS: bonus points for the person who can tell me a good opposite of
13 "rhetorical".