From: Auke Booij <auke@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:15:46
On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
> What? I am talking about exotic arches and I didn't say to drop to > entire stable tree. Just to shrink it in order to keep it up to date > more easily
But my question stands: what really is the advantage of having a stable tree, when you could better invest your time in keeping the testing tree up to date and working? Most production systems are running x86, right? Are stable versions of minority architecture installations really that much more stable than testing versions? PS: this is by no means a rhetorical question. PPS: bonus points for the person who can tell me a good opposite of "rhetorical".