From: Corentin Chary <corentin.chary@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: euscan proof of concept (like debian's uscan)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:00:56
1 On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 15:41 +0200, Corentin Chary wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> some news about euscan (still available at http://euscan.iksaif.net)
6 >>
7 >> - New design (yay !)
8 >> - Atom feeds available for each herd/category/maintainer/package
9 >> (http://euscan.iksaif.net/maintainers/59/feed/)
10 >> - Specific handlers for PyPi, RubyGems, pecl and PEAR packages (check
11 >> http://git.iksaif.net/?p=euscan.git;a=tree;f=pym/euscan/handlers;h=9a995dfcebe6beecce71851abb84a875cf6e5979;hb=HEAD
12 >> ).
13 >>
14 >> Now, maybe we should find a way to integrate that with the GSoC
15 >> statistic project and with http://packages.gentoo.org/ (like done at
16 >> http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/php-net-ipv4.html ). A quick way would
17 >> be to host euscan on a gentoo server, and add some webservices to
18 >> publish the data in json or xml, then packages.gentoo.org and others
19 >> could parse that and display it.
20 >
21 > One integration that might also be useful is what we track on the ruby
22 > wiki currently: https://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/ruby/wiki/PendingBumps
23 > which is a collection of quick notes on problems encountered while
24 > bumping packages. The ability to attach notes to packages and to
25 > acknowledge version bumps (and e.g. make them yellow instead of red)
26 > could help with larger lists for herds.
27 >
28 > Kind regards,
29 >
30 > Hans
33 Yep,
34 You can already use that page: http://euscan.iksaif.net/herds/ruby/
35 And ruby packages are well tracked by euscan thanks to the rubygem
36 site handler, see how it helped to find new upstream versions while
37 http://euscan.iksaif.net/herds/ruby/charts/versions-monthly.png
38
39 Could someone write ebuilds for euscan and euscanwww ? It should not
40 take a lot of time, but my ebuilds skills are probably not good
41 enought to do that.
42
43 Thanks,
46 Corentin Chary