From: Joel Martin <kanaka@g.o>
To: Joel Konkle-Parker <jjk3@×××××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Source code visualization tools?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:02:29
1 Joel,
2
3 I think what you might want is:
4 emerge calltree
5 emerge graphviz
6
7 Then use calltree to output "dot" format which you can then render using
8 graphviz (which takes "dot" format).
9
10 Hopefully your program isn't too big because graphviz can use up a lot
11 of memory pretty quickly as you dependency graph grows.
12
13 Joel Martin (kanaka)
16 Joel Konkle-Parker wrote: [Sun Mar 28 2004, 10:33:21PM EST]
17 > Is there such a thing as a source code visualization tool that makes a
18 > "map" of a program's source? Kind of like:
19 >
20 > main()
21 > |
22 > |
23 > function1()
24 > /\
25 > / \
26 > func2() func3()
27 > |
28 > |
29 > func4()
30 >
31 > I'm basically looking for something that will help me "see" how a
32 > program is laid out so that I can start working on it.
33 >
34 > Thanks in advance.
37 > --
38 > Joel Konkle-Parker