From: paul <paul@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Policy violation possible (concerns openldap/nss_ldap)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:41:52
1 Martin Lesser wrote:
2 --snipped--
5 > So the symlink was overwritten with the vanilla configuration what - in
6 > our case - caused several applications which depend on ldap to not work
7 > properly any longer. That was really bad.
8 >
9 > How can one prevent such an IMO unacceptable behavior of overwriting
10 > config-files which are symlinks? Should this be seen as bug in
11 > gentoo/emerge?
12 >
13 > Have the changes described above to be reported as bug in nss_ldap?
14 >
15 > How can we ensure the integrity of conf-files used by more than one
16 > package when different packages use different locations for the *same*
17 > configuration (a bad thing anyway)?
18 >
19 Correct me if I'm wrong here, but AFAIK /etc/openldap/ldap.conf is used
20 by the openldap clients like ldapsearch ldapadd... whereas
21 /etc/ldap.conf is for pam_ldap and nss_ldap from PADL. They shouldn't be
22 the same file at all. Despite sharing some common directives such as
23 HOST and BASE, im not sure if the pam_ldap/nss_ldap specific options are
24 silently ignored by the openldap clienttools. If that is true,
25 /etc/openldap/ldap.conf could be overwritten by pam_ldap/nss_ldap during
26 install but not the other way round.
27
28 kind regards Paul
31 > Martin